Broccoli And Cheddar Frittata
Monday, January 21st 2019, 1:21 PM CST
- 11 large eggs
- 1 small, thinly sliced (about 1 c) uncooked onions
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cups Weight Watchers reduced fat Mexican style cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F; position rack in middle of oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs; set aside.
- In a 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring, until it begins to soften, 4 minutes. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until warmed through, 2 minutes more. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs over vegetables, covering them evenly; cook, gently lifting and pushing cooked edges toward center, allowing liquid egg to fill space, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and transfer pan to oven. Bake until frittata is golden brown and puffed up, 12-15 minutes (frittata should be just slightly soft in center).
- Transfer frittata to a cutting board, cut in 6 wedges and serve immediately.
- Serving size: 1 wedge