Easy Cinnamon Rolls
TULSA, Oklahoma - Easy Cinnamon Rolls with Natalie Mikles, Made in Oklahoma
2 packages Shawnee Mills Pizza Mix
¼ cup sugar
1 cup hot water
1. In large mixing bowl combine the pizza mix, sugar, and hot water. Stir, then knead until smooth. Make a dough ball and add a few drops of oil to the mixing bowl, and coat the ball by rolling it in the pan. Cover with a damp cotton cloth. Allow to rise in a warm location until double in size (about 1 hour).
2 tablespoons Hiland Salted Butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1. Grease a 9-by-9-inch pan with butter, and sprinkle with the sugar. Set aside.
1 stick Hiland Salted Butter, softened
½ cup sugar
2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup Miller Pecans, finely chopped
1. In a small mixing bowl mash butter and sugar together forming a lumpy paste. Add the cinnamon and pecans (milled in food processor until fine), mixing to make a thick spread. Set aside.
2. Dump the dough mixture onto a lightly floured large cutting board. Roll out into a 15- by 9-inch rectangle. Cover the surface of all but the top 2 inches with the filling using a small spatula. Starting from the bottom, roll up the dough and pinch the top edge to seal. Cut the roll in half, then half again, then into thirds. This will give you 12 even slices. Place in the pan, and allow to set in a warm location for an additional 40 minutes, or until doubled in size
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
2 tablespoons Hiland Butter, melted
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Griffin’s Vanilla
3 to 4 tablespoons water
1. Mix the butter, powder sugar and vanilla, adding the warm water one tablespoon at a time until you get the desired consistency. Top rolls with glaze while still warm.