Cilantro Lime Shrimp
Cilantro Lime Shrimp from Montereau Executive Chef Richard Applegate.
• 1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced garlic
• Juice from 1 lime
• 2oz of tequila
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp with the garlic for about two minutes & season with ground cumin, salt, and pepper.
Add tequila and carefully cook off the alcohol then add the lime juice and cilantro and toss to coat the shrimp.
Serve with rice and fresh pico de gallo.