Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad And Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
TULSA, Oklahoma - Warm Roasted Vegetable Salad with Natalie Mikles of Made in Oklahoma
Description: This fresh salad is complex enough to have for dinner.
1 bunch beets (about 3)
1 medium yellow onion, cut into 8 wedges
1/2 pound Triple S Farms sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
1 (8-ounce) package J-M mushrooms
1 small bunch asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
½ cup Miller Pecan Co. pecans
4 cups Scissortail Farms spring mix
¼ cup chopped Scissortail Farms basil
¼ cup grated Lovera’s Caciocavera cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap beets in foil and roast in middle of oven until tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Unwrap beets and cool. Remove skin from beets. Cut into slices. Toss with a drizzle of olive oil. This step can be done a day ahead. Keep roasted beets in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Warm in the microwave or a low oven before mixing with the remaining vegetables for the salad.
2. Toss together remaining vegetables: onion, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a rimmed baking sheet, and roast for about 40 minutes, turning halfway through baking time. About 10 minutes before they’re done, sprinkle with pecans and toast until golden.
3. To assemble salad, place greens on a large platter. Drizzle with some of the dressing, and toss to coat. Arrange roasted vegetables over greens. Drizzle with more dressing. Top with basil and cheese. Serve immediately.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold mustard
1 tablespoon Cheatwood’s honey
Salt and pepper to taste
To make the dressing, whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
Honey Mustard Glazed Ham
Description: Make this sweet and savory ham the centerpiece of your Easter meal.
1 (approx. 10 pound) Schwab’s spiral-sliced smoked ham
1 cup Andrew’s Honey Bees raw honey
1/3 cup Griffin’s Butter Pecan Syrup
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
4 tablespoons Hiland unsalted butter
3 tablespoons Seikel’s Oklahoma Gold mustard
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh Scissortail Farms thyme
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place the ham in a roasting pan, cut-side down, and pour 1/2 cup water into the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake until the ham is heated through, about 2 hours.
3. Combine honey, syrup, vinegar butter, mustard, thyme and salt in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until mixture begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Remove foil from pan, and brush about half the honey mixture over ham. Bake 15 minutes. Pull out ham from oven and brush with remaining glaze, cooking another 10 minutes or until ham is well-browned and bubbly. Be careful not to let glaze burn.