Hidden Veggie Pizza Sauce
TULSA, Oklahoma - Hidden Veggie Pizza Sauce with CTCA Dietician Jasmyn Walker
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 ½ c chopped vegetables
- Zucchini, carrot, bell pepper, onion, spinach (per preference)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over low heat. Add the chopped vegetables and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, dried basil and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to a blender to puree or use an immersion blending.
- Store in mason jar or other airtight container.