Sake And Whiskey Glazed Tuna
Tuesday, May 7th 2019, 2:00 PM CDT
Sake and whiskey glazed tuna over cold soba noodle salad with Chef Trevor Tack of McNellies.
- 6-8 oz of ahi tuna
- 1 pack soba noodles
- English cucumber
- Red bell pepper or sweet pepper
- Green onion
- Shelled edamame
- 1 oz Soy sauce
- 1 oz sesame oil
- 1 oz rice wine vinegar
- 2 oz brown sugar
- Sriracha and sesame seeds optional
- Cool the soba noodles according to the packages instructions. Chill with cold water. Toss with a little oil and set aside.
- Slice the cucumber, peppers, and green onion.
- In a bowl, mix soy, sesame oil, sriracha, vinegar and 1 oz brown sugar. In a hot pan, add tuna. Sear for 2 minutes, flip and add sugar and sake mix. It will flame.
- Cool another 2 minutes. Remove and slice. Toss veggies with noodles and dressing. Garnish with tuna and cilantro.