Peppered Balsamic Strawberry Pound Cake Sundae
Wednesday, June 5th 2019, 4:53 PM CDT
- 2 cups Fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tabl. butter
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- 1 tabl. Vanilla extract
- 1 tabl. Cracked black pepper
- 2 thick slices pound cake
- 1½ cups Sweetened whipped cream
- Heat skillet over medium flame; add whole butter to melt, add strawberries and sauté lightly; add balsamic vinegar, sugar & extract and cook until softened and reduced. Add black pepper.
- Place pound cake in tall margarita glasses or similar glass; ladle strawberries over and top with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.